Cigna HealthCare Credentialing Services for your Independent Practice
Cigna is a global health services corporation committed to assisting people in improving their health, well-being, and peacefulness. Cigna employs 74,000 people worldwide to support more than 100 million consumers.Our dedicated team within Cigna’s international business reflects the needs of African intergovernmental organizations (IGOs), nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and businesses. We have over 60 years of expertise planning, executing, and managing multinational group health insurance and employee benefit plans for both internationally and domestically recruited employees.
Our Specialist will help you to Get Credentialed Now!
We will conduct an examination of your educational background, career history, credentials, and registration to practice in a healthcare area during the credentialing step.We will monitor your progress throughout the credentialing process in order to determine your education, training background, credentials, and registration to practice in a health care setting. We will review all of your documentation to ensure that you are certified by one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. As a team, we are devoted to long-term growth. We will assist you in obtaining the necessary services. This is how we communicate to our clients our appreciation for them and our commitment to providing superior customer service.
How to Join a Cigna Medical Network?
Prior to beginning the application process, we’ll need some information from you to ensure that you fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements for credentialing.Select the option for credentialing and a person will assist you. Typically, you will be notified during this call if you match the fundamental criteria for credentialing.If you are a facility or an ancillary provider, we will require additional information from you in addition to what is requested on the Provider Information Form. Select the credentialing option, and the person will inform you about the application’s next stages.
Submit your application
If you meet the basic eligibility requirements for credentialing, you will receive emails with a registration packet and all of the data you need to get began.If the application information is already available on the Council on Affordable Quality Healthcare® (CAQH) website or the One Health port/Med versant® website, we will access it electronically with your consent to acquire the majority of the data we require. As a third alternative, if your state requires it, we will accept a state application that you fill, sign, and mail to us along with the necessary papers.
Depending on which method you choose to apply, please complete the steps below
• One health-Port/Med Versant
• State Application
• Allow Cigna access to your data.
• Check the data profile for any updates.
• Our provider directories will be improved beginning August 26, 2021, to include clinicians that have self-identified as experienced and interested in care for LGBTQ+ patients.
• If you want to self-identify, you can choose LGBTQ+ Issues, Gender Dysphoria, and/or HIV/AIDS under Special Experience, Skills, and Training.
• Check that the profile has one of the following statuses: Complete the first profile or re-attestation.
One Health-Port/Med Versant
• Check the data profile for any updates.
• Check to see if it has been attested within the last 100 days.
• Within 100 days, ensure that all appropriate fields have been completed and signed.
• You can print the application directly from your computer.
• Send it to Cigna with the following attachments:1000 Corporate Center Drive, Ste. 500, Franklin, TN 37067 Cigna Medical Onboarding Unit.
Information required for the application
Regardless of the approach you use to apply, we demand that you give us a completed application form with the following information.
The credentialing/re-credentialing programs based to, but are not limited to, the following practitioner categories:
• Medical doctors (MD)
• Nurse Practitioners (NP)
• Oral Surgeons (DDS/DMD)
• Chiropractors (DC)
• Osteopaths (DO)
• Podiatrists (DPM)
• Mid-Level Practitioners (non-physician).
When Carolina Complete Health does not pick or instruct its beneficiaries to see such a specific physician or group of professionals, as well as for non-participating practitioners, fulfillment of the credentialing/re-credentialing process is not necessary. This covers practitioners who only practice in a hospital environment or freestanding clinic and provide care for Carolina Complete Health beneficiaries as a result of them being referred to the hospital, inpatient setting, or freestanding facility. These professionals may specialize in, but are not confined to, the following fields:
• A state medical license or an authorized professional license is required.
• Certificate from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
• Certificate for Controlled Dangerous Substances (CDS)
• Clinical privileges at Cigna-affiliated hospitals
• Status of board certification
• Education and training Professional experience
• Activities prior to sanctioning
• History of malpractice claims
• Sufficient malpractice insurance
• Unrestricted validity
• In collaboration with the appropriate licensing agency
• Each practicing state need one.
• Must be a member of the medical staff in good standing and meet the necessary state and medical specialty standards
• The amount of professional liability coverage will vary depending on market standards and medical specialty.
• Include relevant training in the specialty for which you are applying, as required by applicable regulatory organizations and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
• IMPORTANT: If you do not have a DEA or CDS certificate, please complete the DEA certificate form [PDF] and send it to 1 (877) 391-8228.
• Include an explanation for any gaps in employment that are longer than six months.
• On the application, penalties information must be disclosed.
• Minimums of $1,000,000 per incident and $3,000,000 total are recommended.
Keeping you updated during the registration process
We will begin the credentialing process as soon as we receive the application packet. Typically, this takes 45 to 60 days to complete. During this time, you will get emails from us to the following addresses:
• Confirm receipt of your application.
• Any missing documentation or application information should be requested. If we do not receive the missing information, we will send you an email informing you that your application has been closed.
• Keep you up to date on where your application is in our credentialing verification process, including any delays that may cause the process to take longer than the typical 45- to 60-day turnaround time.
• Confirm with your effective date that you have been approved and credentialed as a network-participating provider, or tell you that you have not been approved.
If you are accepted, we will put your provider information into our directories and claim systems within 10 business days.
When you need to be re-credentialed, Cigna will send you an email asking you to confirm that your CAQH information has been updated and to re-sign it. You will receive up to three email reminders. If you do not log into CAQH to validate and sign your information, you will be dropped from the Cigna network.
Cigna Credentialing Phone number
If you want to find out where your application is within the process:Call 1 (800) 88CIGNA (882-4462), and choose the credentialing option.
Cigna Enrollment Application
You’ll be directed to apply online with yours all proven credentials. They will verify and cross-check every single entity you put in. It includes several identification pre-requisite options to mark and prove your credibility. In this way they’ll verify all your details and on constant basis notify you about your o-going procedures and progress respectively. Here you’ll find enrollment form:
Cigna Enrollment Email
If you want to find out where your application is within the process: Email PSSCentral@Cigna.com. Include your full name and Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
House of Outsourcing Billing Services
House of Outsourcing is an end-to-end revenue cycle management company provides medical billing services to more than 30 specialties. House of Outsourcing proficient staff handle your entire occupational therapy medical billing operation, from claim creation, accurate claim submission, on time follow up, denial management, appeals, payment posting, reporting as well as consistently guiding practice staff to get you paid 20% more and 50% faster. House of Outsourcing team uses A.I based practice management software to submit billing claims, tracks claims, reporting, scheduling, and patient notifications.